This post is mostly for me to have a place to go to get our math work playlists! It is nice to have some background music as we work along in class. I am a big fan of exposing people to different music and not having kids listen to music with earbuds. I like how listening to the same music together can help us grow musically and give us a shared experience.
I played French Pop from iTunes radio for our first work day and then asked the kids for suggestions after that. Algebra class suggested Christmas music. I countered by suggesting that my son loves Disney. They thought that was a good idea. Then my son suggested the Pirates of the Caribbean music loop so we tried it. About 15 minutes in it was just too much!
Anyway here is our starting (and soon to be ever growing) list of music loops for learning.
- Magic Kingdom Entrance Loop
- 1 hour of Christmas Music
- Pirates of the Caribbean queue line opening music
- Disneyland Main Street USA Music Loop
- Relaxing Animal Crossing Compilation (submitted by Auden Cook)
- Disney Relaxing Piano
- Wonderful Movie Soundtracks
- Chill Holiday Music (submitted by Sam McCaffrey)
- The Beatles instrumental music (submitted by Ivy McFall)