This week we continued our review in both Math 8 and Algebra. We’ll have one last week of review next week and then launch into our materials for this year! Please remind your child to charge their Chrome book EVERY night. There are a few key things for you to know about. GRADES are updated in School Tool for Math 8 students IF iReady and week #1 self reflection is complete. Algebra grades are in ST and they only reflect the first quiz. Assignment grades/details will always be in Brightspace and ST is updated with current average every other week.
- Class is recorded every day. Each day that we have a lesson I’ll select one Math 8 class and one Algebra class to record. Using Screencastify, I record the lesson as I’m teaching on the SMART panel. This picks up only the screen not any video of class. It will be posted right in that day’s lesson as a link for absences/re-watching.
- We will complete our first iReady diagnostic by early next week. We had class time on Thursday and Friday.This is due by next Thursday, September 30th.
- Here are two videos for how to get into Brightspace for parents. The 1st is how to find Brightspace on the school website. The second shows you how to get in. Please reach out if you have more questions. We all have our own perspective as parents, but I advocate logging in with your child to see the full picture, not just what is due. Brightspace for parents is a nice support.
- In Math 8 we had our first Classwork self reflection. Please check in with your child to ask if they submitted. It is a Google Slide that they mark up for themselves and submit as a Google assignment. *Note that the file had my example text – kids replace the example text with their own reflection in the yellow box.
- This week we got a super fast intro to the new tutoring service called PAPER. The link is located on the top nav bar in your child’s Brightspace classes. As I walked in the door on Friday evening, my son said, “Mom, PAPER is AMAZING!” I captured this picture of him as he showed me that he had reached out for help with essay edits. I think this resource will really help our 8th graders this year!
Furry Friend Friday
One last fun thing to share with you. Each day of our week has a kick off theme. I’m calling Fridays, “Furry Friend Friday” and showing pet videos/pictures. I kicked off the first Friday with a video of my rabbit. I have enough rabbit videos to fill the entire year, but I’d rather share student pets. Well, so far I have 5 submissions!! I’m so excited. Every Friday we’ll feature a different pet or pets.